Lets Get Started !!!
Create a dataset in Power BI
- Sign-in to Power BI
- Open the workspace where you would like to create a Power BI report.
- Select Create –> Streaming Dataset
- Select API
- In the New streaming dataset panel, enter the details like dataset name, conditions, date, temperature etc. that you would like to display on Power BI report.
- Select Done.
- A new streaming dataset will be created.
Create & Configure Microsoft flow
- Open Microsoft Flow
- Select My flows
- Select Create from template
- Search for Get the daily weather forecast for your city template
- Enter the Recurrence details.
- After Get forecast for today action –> Select Add a new step –> Add Action.
- Search for Power BI –> Select Add rows to a dataset action
- Under action Add rows to a dataset enter following information :
- Workspace –> Select your workspace from drop down list
- Dataset –> Select your dataset from drop down list
- Table –> It will be RealTimeData
- Date –> Type Date and select it from the panel.
- Temperature –> Select from the panel
- Humidity –> Select from the panel
- Conditions –> Select from the panel
- Location –> Select from the panel
- Save the flow.
Check the data in Power BI report
- Open Power BI
- Navigate to the streaming dataset you created.
- Select the fields. It will display the data.
- Create report and dashboards.
- The data will always be real time and based on the recurrence frequency set on Microsoft flow.
Enjoy Reporting !!!