Benefits of Power BI publisher for Excel
- Improves Business Intelligence Experience in Excel
- Analyze the charts on Power BI more efficiently in excel
- Quickly share key insights with colleagues
- Pin excel reports as snapshots on Power BI Dashboards
Lets Get Started !!!
- Open Excel
- Select tab Power BI
- Log in to your profile
- Connect to data
- Select your workspace/group and report
- Dimensions and fact information for the selected report will now be available for analysis
- Start analyzing and creating your reports in excel now.
- Pin the reports to Power BI dashboards
- Open Power BI
- Select the report or dataset that needs to be analyzed
- Select (…) ellipsis next to the report name and select ANALYZE IN EXCEL
- A file with extension odc will download
- Open the odc file in excel
- Enable the data connections.
- Excel is now connected to the dataset on Power BI.
- Download Power BI publisher for Excel from the link Power BI publisher for Excel.
- Installation is very straightforward.
Things to consider
- Only Measures can be analyzed so it is very important to explicitly define measures.
- User can only access to datasets that are part of a workspace/group.
- Shared Reports/Dashboards cannot be connected to. Access to datasets is mandatory
Enjoy Reporting !!!